Social Hiking Group
From January 27, 2023 9:30 am until January 27, 2023 4:00 pm
The Social Hikers
On Fridays you can join the group Social Hikers.
- Social Hikers General information: Our hikes are not planned more than a week in advance, so a long-range schedule is not available.
- Those registered with us will get a notification by email on or before Wednesday indicating which hike we will be doing for the upcoming Friday. Information will include the expected time (typically 4 to 5 hrs), elevation gain (100 to 400m), and the length (12 to 15 km). We hike every Friday (weather permitting).
- We use the app “AllTrails” and will always provide the trail name as it appears on the AllTrails app.
- We do have fun on our walks and chit chat up a storm, we stop and always take in the view.
- Bring your lunch to eat on the trail.
- Our start time will depend on the location of the trail head. If it is close to Parksville we start at 9:30, but if it is further away you can expect a 10 am start time. We usually stay within an hour of Parksville. Like all things; trails can be longer, higher elevation, and take longer than expected. We always start and finish as a group.
- The “we” is Wendy (usually in the lead) and Patrick (usually the sweep).
All hikes should be considered a full day’s outing. Because of expected weather conditions hikes may be moved to a different day of the week with advance notice. An email bulletin is sent out before each hike to announce its destination and particulars as to length and challenging features, specifying a meeting place and time.