Welcome to Slo-Mo Paddlers
Welcome to PGOSA Paddlers - 2023
PGOSA Paddlers Managers: Communications - Jim Swanson, Membership – Cheryl McIntosh
E-Mail Contact: ; Website/Blog: pgosapaddlers.blogspot.com
PGOSA Paddlers is an organized activity of the Parksville Golden Oldies Sports Association (P.G.O.S.A.). The Paddlers were formed in 2013 to:
- promote interest in all forms of human-powered boating,
- to foster friendships among participants, and
- to provide opportunities to maintain an active, healthy lifestyle.
Planned excursions are typically day-trips organized by a volunteer Event/Trip Leader who is designated by the Paddler Managers. One or more multi-day trips may also be scheduled. Excursions can involve cruising, exploring, camping, fishing, or skill development, depending on the interests of participants. Fresh and salt-water paddling events are undertaken.
The Managers coordinate communication, trip activities and memberships while individual members volunteer to lead excursions.
- The date of the event,
- The location of the event,
- The meeting place for starting the event,
- Driving directions from the Oceanside area to the meeting place and
- The Trip Leader’s email address and phone number if you have any questions regarding the event.
The schedule will be updated as the season progresses, with updates circulated to registered participants. Events are scheduled at approximately two-week intervals from late April through to October. All events are planned in consideration of tides and weather. As a contingency for windy conditions, a backup trip may be posted for events planned for the ocean or large lakes. Weather conditions will be evaluated a day or two in advance of each event. If conditions are unfavorable, managers will advise paddlers of any change in the destination or schedule. Paddlers should always check their email for notices before they leave home on the day of scheduled events.
Registering to join the PGOSA Paddlers
1. Your Name: first and last please
2. Phone Numbers for contacting you: Home and Cell:
(Note: It is important that if you have a cell phone that you bring it with you on the trips)
3. E-Mail Address to use to contact you:
4. PGOSA Membership Number: Please make sure that you are a current paid-up member of PGOSA in order to participate in all Slo-Mo activities.
There is no need to register beyond that for most events. Individual Trip Leaders may require registration.